Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back From Maryland and Pitstop in Jersey

My dad and I drove to Maryland last Monday. Some use the GPS tools as guidance and to ensure a safe arrival. We use it as a means by which to beat the "ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TIME". The trip is said to take 16.26 hours. We made it up in 15 :) My mother, since it was a business trip for her, flew up in just 2.45 hours. GUESS WHO HAD A BETTER TIME!!! The weather was perfect. Much like it is today in S.Fla. 60s during the day and 30s at night (not like it is here but a nice change). Leaves everywhere. Culture everywhere. Life. Everywhere. We visited some old spots in NJ where my lovely sister and I were born and raised. Visited our old elementary school and was shocked with my kidnergarten teacher remembered me. "TAMARA! You look the same!! Like your head is just on a bigger body!" "Gee, thanks Mrs.Fried!" (pronounced Freed) It was a wonderful experience. I really do miss the north. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to wear lite layers of clothing here during the winters and not having to layer on thick upon thicker sweater and coats for a mere 10 second excursion to the car. But I do miss the change of seasons. The first snow. The first spring. The first summer and the start of Autumn and the cycle all over again. :: sigh :: well, it's all only 15 hours away if I get nostalgic again :)




























No comments: