Tuesday, December 16, 2008

At the Movies




I went to see THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL this evening. I am a fan of the original. I was skeptical of what this remake would be like. I have learned to go into a film as of late with no expectations what-so-ever. I am glad that was the case today. I am not going to say that the film was HORRIBLE or BORING or whatnot. It was simply... bleh. Dissatisfying might be a better way to describe it. It did not live up to the original. It felt as though the makers of this version were trying to make it "unique" or "different" from the Original. That is like trying to slice bread "a new way". I felt as though they tried to rely too much on the "star factor": Keanu, Kathy Bates, Jaden Smith (who needs some lessons from his daddio) and Jennifer Connelly who seems to have pigeon-holed herself into the "I can talk to the weirdo cause I have awesome eyes and we have a connection" role. It's a rental for a rainy day when you have either (a) not seen the original and want a good "bleh" movie or (b) have seen the original and want to watch side by side for comparisons and critiques.

After sitting through TDTEST I wanted to enjoy a movie for my $10 ticket. So I went into BOLT 3D. This was perhaps one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time! I am talking- Nemo/Toy Story era. The theatre was empty with the exception of my mother, myself and 3 couples will over the 25 year old mark. We were all laughing hysterically. The culprit: Rhino:

My sister recommended the film and she never leads me wrong. I highly recommend this film!

No comments: