Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just Got in From the Windy City...







The Windy City is miiigghhhttyyy Pretty!! :D

I absolutely loved Chicago, IL. It was a cleaner NYC although.... NYC has been pretty clean lately. I had never been to the mid-west before so it was odd not having water to my immediate east. But let me tell you, that Michigan River is GINORMOUS!! It's an ocean!! The city itself was just spectacular. Add to that the snow that fell the night we arrived and the rest of the week was just short of heavenly :)

The first night was... an experience. We arrived close to 4:30PM which meant that the sun was setting in approximately 20 minutes. We got to the Hotel (Westin River North... amazing) and freshened up. We decided to walk to find some place to eat. Mind you, we had no idea where we were going and it was now colder and wet outside. It seemed as though nature couldn't decide whether to rain or snow. So she did both. We ended up going to Hard Rock Cafe. Once we finished our meal, we were greeted by Nature's decision- WET SNOW and WIND just in case we weren't satisfied. I, ill prepared for the decision, was not wearing the proper foot attire. I wore my floridian, no shoe lace chuck taylors.
Chuck Taylors + Wet Puddles + 15 degree weather + 3 miles to walk= Me Running!
By the time I got to the hotel elevator, I had removed my canoes that were once shoes, dish-clothes that were my socks and if I could have, my Popsicle toes.
So, no, the first night did not go "well" but it was an interesting WELCOME TO CHICAGO!! SUCK IT UP!!!
The rest of the week was marvelous. It dipped into the 20s but didn't snow. It was sunny in the afternoons and windy in the evenings but not unbearable. Not until Friday night that is, but we were perhaps pushing our luck with that one :)
I could go on and on about it all but I say- Go For Yourself!! and try out CHICAGO OVEN GRINDER PIZZA at 2121 N. Clarke Street. Don't ask anyone where it is, they won't know. Just tell the cab the address, pay the $12 and go. BTW- Cash only!

No comments: