Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dinner Party

It's an odd thing. I'm 23 years of age; I have a good handful of friends that I spend my time with; we enjoy eating and yet, we've never had a dinner party before tonite. It came out amazingly good. A friend that was supposed to join us has a special diet- Vegan Pescatarian. Basically means, no animal products but he can eat fish. So everything was made to those culinary specifications. He ended up not showing because he was ill (I wonder why?) so we enjoyed the food without him. The hostess made Minnestroni soup turned Ragou to have over shell pasta; seared halibut in a sweet terriaki sauce; roasted fan potatoes; orange marmalade butter; and for dessert I made roasted apples stuffed with walnuts, raisins and pear drizzled with reduced orange marmalde and apple glaze. It was a very good night :)





No comments: