Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Technical Difficulties

There is an inherent hatred of technology when one becomes so heavily dependent upon it. My 7 year old PC crashed again over winter break; not that I was expecting anything less. I’ve gone through 3 motherboards since its creation, two video cards and countless motherboard batteries. I finally had enough when I came home, pushed the ironic “on” button to hear only the not so gentle hummmmmm of the inner fans spinning while the motherboard stayed silently still refusing to show even the dreaded Blue Screen of Doom. I purchased a 1TB external hard drive, convinced a colleague to transfer whatever photo’s and music they could salvage to later assist me in chucking the aluminum tower of life sucking frustrating into the nearest body of frigid water (it is 40 degrees today in Sunny S. Florida. The flamingos are furious!) I am not without a backup for storage and cyber access, by any means, which is perhaps the only reason why I am not a puddle of salt and drool at the moment. We recently inherited a Mac G5, primed for use. My hopes are to transfer my 47GB of photos to said machine and continue my journey through technological torture. Hopefully, then, I will keep to my promise and continue to update this here space in a timely and regular manner.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to share your thoughts, concerns, comments, and silent nods of understanding.

Next up: Photos from my Family Vacation to Destin, Florida!

No comments: