Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Experiment with Light Graffiti

The first sign that I am new to this is the fact that I think I misspelled graffiti... Not a good thing. In any concern, I saw the sprint commercial when it first came out and I said to myself, "I want to do that". So I researched and learned that by slowing down the shutterspeed to nearly a full stand still, you can achieve the effect. Slowing the shutterspeed keeps the shutter open long enough to allow what ever movement of light to be captured in any given shot. That is why on digital cameras, you often get that blurred motion effect when taking a night shot because you can't control the shutterspeed and too much light movements sneaks in.

Well, it is only 12:30am and why not have a go at it. I found a reading bulb that me mom had gotten me and I started shooting. The late hours got the better of me and I tried to get all spooky.




2 comments:

Mango Gal said...

That looks really cool...and fun! LOL

tamsterg said...

It's a lot of fun! We can try it next time!