Monday, August 25, 2008

I just can't help myself

I was using stumbleupon and I came across this magnificence of an informative blog with a little ditty about Canon's Loyalty Program. Read up on the site for more information but basically: If you have a Canon Camera or even Printer that is not functioning properly, out of working order and out of warranty (all or 1 is fine but Warranty Exp. is a must), you are elligible for MAJOR discounts even replacements. I had a Canon SD200, my first p&s camera and I loved it. Unfortunately, it came face to face with concrete way to much and the zoom lens broke. So now it is permanently Clicky. I went online and found out that I could get a G9 for more than half the price or even the Rebel XT. I love my Nikon D40x and really saw no reason for having 2 SLR's so I opted for the G9. It is a beautiful P&S camera with the great features of an SLR including somethings that the SLR doesn't have.



MOVIE MODE

TIME LAPSE movie mode

COLOR SELECTER (basically desaturates every other color and isolates the wanted color)
12.1 Megapixels (my slr is 10.2)

and More.....

More importantly, it is a much smaller camera which is great when I don't want to risk taking my SLR to theme parks, the Beach, etc. It can also be fitted with an Underwater case :)






All in all, I am very excited to be expanding my tools!



1 comment:

Mango Gal said...

Very cool! You see...I check it!