Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mini Vacation- Uber Photo Opp!

I promise that I will never use the term "Uber" again. I heard it once while on Hollywood Beach this week and it has been floating around in my mind like a baby in a bathing pool. So in any concern, my mother and I joined my father at the Marriot Hotel on Hollywood Beach (Mon- today) as he had a work seminar and presentation. Hollywood Beach is only some 20 minutes from my house but it was a free hotel stay and an opportunity to play with my camera. What more could a girl ask for?

There weren't that many people yesterday that were willing to be my models so I found solace in Nature.... that translates to "there are a lot of pictures of trees and plants". I found a beautiful victim, however. I called him Leonard because he could have been a DiVinci. Sat there and just posed for me as long as I wanted. And then this morning on my balcony, perched 10 floors above the beach was Micaelango.

Before I post the photo's, I ran into the first frustrations of new photography: Night Shots. I really don't like complaining but it's so hard to take a night shot that isn't shaky, blurred and noisy. I guess it doesn't help that I don't have a pod to perch the camera on, but still. (no pun intended). I was able to learn my exposure and ISO settings a bit better. I tried to stay away from the Pre-set settings and stay on the MASP's. Lot's of interesting new things :) The beach is a great venue to take pictures.

Speaking of:




































3 comments:

Mango Gal said...

Your pictures are looking awesome!

Anonymous said...

This whole post was great.

Laidel said...

love these pictures! especially the pics of the bird and the cat!