Wednesday, March 4, 2009

End of Day 1

I just finished having Dinner and can not eat one more thing but I am really thirsty all the time... In a good way. With the package I was given a refridgerator magnet that basically lists everything permitted/recommended/forbidden. Vegetables are a large part of the "meal time" ingredient list. So, I used all I could plus 10oz of protein. My parents have decided all on their own to join me in the Dinner part of the plan, which makes me happy for them!

Dinner consisted of Turkey Cutlets, Mashed Butternut squash, sauteed baby portabella mushrooms, red/green/yellow bell pepper, spinache, red onion, eggplant, zucchini, french green beans and finished it off by steaming some asparagus. I used NO OIL or BUTTER by simply using a non-stick deep pan, cooking the vegetables first and then using the juices released from them to cook the cutlets. The butternut squash was done by using the microwave. If I do say so myself, it came out pretty darn well. I have always been a vegetable person so this wasn't that far of a stretch. I had some extra cutlets so, looking at the list, I rolled them with Goat Cheese and julienned spinach. THAT was good :) It's all about getting creative people!

In total, I was only able to finish 5 of the 6 cookies today. The plan permits the last cookie to be eaten after dinner but honestly, I can't eat one more thing. I've had over 80oz of water. YUP that's 8 times as much as I usually drink!

I feel pretty good. My stomach is a bit... active but not in a bad way. When you combine the cookie with the water, you can really feel it swell in your stomach which makes you extremely full. I've never had a problem with being "hungry" all the time, it was just quantity that was my problem (and quality). So far, it's handling both those areas.

Not bad for day 1. Here's looking to day 2!

No comments: