Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We've Reached The End of Week 1 and Start of 2

Wow!! One week today.....

It has been a very interesting week. I'm more suprised in myself than the results to be quite honest. It is not an issue of will power because that I do have; nor is it an issue of dedication because that I have as well when I understand the ends. It is more of how I have been able to listen to my body with a purpose and with understanding. I am learning so much about how my body reacts to stimulants and triggers. My mother quickly changed the channel when it landed on the Food Network lastnight. When asked why she responded, "because I don't want you to be tempted or to get hungry". However kind of her that was, I realized that watching such things on Television is not my trigger. I am actually intrigued now more than ever with cooking shows to see how I can adapt recipes to my needs. For example, 3 nights ago I saw Mario Batali make Crab Cakes that looked absolutely amazing. So lastnight, that's what I made with my specific needs and requirements. They came out pretty darn good.

I am surrounded every day by foods and "temptations". By listening to my body, I am learning how to have control over it. My brother in law was craving Hong Kong Tokyo as I had mentioned previously and he was hesitant on eating it infront of me because he didn't want me to feel bad or to get angry that I "couldn't" have it. I assured him that it was fine because it wasn't that I "couldn't" have it- I could have had the entire carton of it with the egg rolls and crab rangoons. It is that I know I "shouldn't" and my resolve in that I "Wouldn't" have it. That is control. Knowing the end result of both choices made the decision very clear and easy to make: (1) Eat the Fried Rice= Regret it, Ruin the Previous days, prolong the wanted future (2) Don't eat fried rice= no regret, no stomach ache, stay on path, get to desired results faster. There is always a hidden third choice however, (3) don't eat fried rice= make fun of brother in law while he is groaning on sofa in pain from eating too much :) hmmm......

This marks then end of week 1 and start of week two. I have eaten roughly 42 cookies; 560oz of water; 80oz of lean healthy proteins; 10lbs of spinach and vegetables. With what results? I weighed myself this morning as promised and was suprised by what it read: I have lost 7lbs in 6.5days. That is a little over 1lb per day. If this continues, I am looking at a total of just over 28lbs by the end of my 4th week. Wow! I've been in communications with my phyiscian and they have assured me that all is well. As long as I am getting the nutritional values I need, then there will be no harmful side effects. Wow!

On previous diets, I would be quick to celebrate and reward myself with a "cheat" day or "free" day but not this time. This is just all the more motivation to kick it up a notch. Starting this second week, I am increasing my exercising routine and inculcating some free weights to start toning and making sure there's no ugliness when it really starts to show.

So HERE WE GO!!!!!

No comments: